5 Ways to Knowing About Yourself

I don't know how many people are wondering how much and how well do they know about themselves but I've met some people who do not know about themselves and are struggling to find out ways to know themselves more. This blog post is going to be talking about "5 Ways to Knowing About Yourself". If you are wondering the same question too, then this blog post is dedicated for you.

Always, always, always Spend Some Time for Yourself

Life can sometimes be so busy that you are constantly fulfilling tasks or doing work regardless that is of your personal matters or for people surrounding you until you do not have any time left for yourself. Sometimes you see mothers who are 24/7 standby for their children, you see some workaholics that are spending 99% of their time in office and many more examples of such cases. Remember, it is very very important that you always leave some time for yourself regardless of how busy you are. Take it as the time to pamper yourself each day. Try to spend at least 10 minutes to 30 minutes a day with yourself and I can assure you that you will get a clearer picture of yourself with your life goals and be more productive than your current situations. During this period, take a pen and write down every thought that come across your mind. If you don't know what to write about, start by writing

"I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MYSELF AND I WANT TO READ MY MIND"

right in the middle of the paper. Then draw branches out and write down your thoughts. You may write or draw, whichever way that you prefer. Remember, do not limit your thoughts, let them run free and wild and write everything down on this blank paper. You will be surprised on how much you can discover about your thoughts and you can instantly feel the relieve of your hidden feelings. It is okay for you to write as much as you wish or you may limit the time say set a timer for 15 minutes and write until the clock rings.

As you lay down your thoughts and your questions, you can get a very clear picture of your mind or what are the things that are hindering you from knowing yourself better. Sometimes, it may take some time before you reach the root cause that is preventing you from knowing yourself more or to find the answers to the questions that you have been questioning yourself. Remember "DO NOT GIVE UP" and continue writing until you find the answers.

Let The Nature to Whisper The Answer

I cannot stress enough how I'm grateful that I always get inspired by the beautiful nature that God has created. Every time when I sit on the beach watching the beautiful sea and listening to the waves, when I sit under the sky watching the beautiful stars or even letting the sun shines on me every morning, I hear a sound whisper to me, that is the deepest voice in my heart that is answering my doubts. Take a little more effort to enjoy the beautiful nature around you, relax and just enjoy the atmosphere. Let your thoughts go free and listen to the voices within you. When you get the right feeling, it is going to help you so effectively to know more about yourself.


The nature is in such a beautiful balance and harmony, which is also the most essential thing in life 
- the balance and harmony.

Be Honest to Yourself

Sometimes, it is not that you do not understand yourself or you do not know what you want. It may be that you are subconsciously suppressing your own thoughts and deny what you actually understand about yourself. This usually happens to things that you are reluctant to accept and admit or may be that you are afraid of change. For example, you are unhappy that other people are better than you in some ways but you are unwilling to accept the fact that you are unable to rejoice yourself for others' success because of jealousy or perhaps you are in a dilemma whether you should stay in a company because you are afraid of change. This happens to many people and rest assure, you are certainly NOT THE ONLY ONE. Many people find that the most difficult thing in the world, is to be honest to yourself because many of us are not very comfortable in dealing with that true self that lies deep within us. But I really want to encourage you to be honest to yourself because NO ONE KNOW YOURSELF BETTER THAN YOU DO. Don't be afraid to listen to the real voices within you, even if it is a bad thing, even if it will require you to change.


Be brave to admit your own mistakes for no one is perfect. It is okay to make mistake and do things wrong, as long as you know what the mistakes are, you always have a U-turn on this journey of life. 

Let me just stress again, is okay to make wrong decisions, admit your mistakes and give yourself a chance/ a U-turn to make things right again. Don't be afraid, be really honest to yourself.

Take The Chance To Try New Things

Many a times, you are constantly thinking of who you want to be, how much money you want to make, what physical appearance you wish to have, until a certain point that you do not know what yourself want anymore or you cannot find what your passion is. Then you start asking yourself, "what do I want?",  "Who am I?", "What is my passion? I really do not know about myself". In fact, many people do not know what area that they are passionate in until they try it out. So, always take the chance to try new things. If you would really like to try out a new thing and you can't seem to find a chance, CREATE yourself a chance. Just like, if you want to know whether you are passionate in dancing, then you try to learn dancing. Don't give yourself excuses like I don't have time, I don't have money, I will wait for someone to teach me etc. You can create the chance, like learning from free videos on the Internet, check out dance studio in your areas etc. In other words, Give Yourself A Chance. 


THE SIMPLEST WAY TO FIND YOUR PASSION IS TO TRY THINGS OUT. 

Then you will know the answer as you are doing it, whether it inspire your life, whether it makes you happier, whether you enjoy it while you are doing. Nobody can tell you what your passion is other than yourself.

Ask Yourself Questions/ Self Knowledge

Another key thing is to ask questions. You can ask yourself on things that you would like to find out. These questions are really powerful in helping you to understand yourself better. Questions such as

Do I feel control of my current lifestyles? If not, which is the most difficult thing that are holding me back?

If there is a hurdle in the task that I do, will I still go forward and want it more or will I just give up?

Do I love to be the center of attention among people around me?

If I have extra 3 hours a day, what would I do?

If I can go for a getaway, where would I go and why?

Am I a morning person or a night person?

Do I enjoy talking to people or staying at home?

Am I a person who are willing to help people or am I a person who are more concern of my personal matters?

Do you find it difficult to remove things that you no longer want it in your life?

What is the most important achievement that you think it had made a great impact in your life?

Just to share a video on why knowing yourself is really important. Oprah talks about finding the calling in your life.


I hope these 5 tips will help you to understand yourself more. Remember, DO NOT GIVE UP in understanding yourself better. We are constantly growing and hence our mindset will change as time goes by. As we gain more exposures and experiences, we learn to see things in different views and we will learn to understand ourselves from different point of standings too. Be honest to yourself, once you know yourself better, you are all ready to move on to the next level in your life with the ways that work the best for you!

I have created a guidebook based on the above tips for you, you may download it Here. Start to know yourself more.

Much love,
Jessica

Feel free to comment below or email me at secretgardenonlinefashion@gmail.com and let me know what are the ways you think that help you to know yourself better.

No comments: